- ABOUT US
STEEL MELTING AND FORGINGS
Endowment for steel melting
Steel melting is completed in electric arc furnaces of 5 – 20 – 50 tons.
To ensure the liquid metal quality, the followings methods are used :
-treatment under vacuum by BV procedure ( ingot casting in vacuum or stream degasifying).
- in pot metallurgy ( argon bubbling ).
A large range of steel grades can be obtained , intended to be used for the casting of parts or ingots , that will be forged or rolled out.
Ingots for rolling out :
- polygonal ingots for forging, weighing from 9 to 140 tons.
Endowments for ingots forging :
-hydraulic press of 6000 tf and hydraulic press of 2500 tf
-bogie hearth heating furnaces of max 40 sqm
-bogie hearth heat treatment furnaces of max 63 sqm.for parts of
max.13 m long.
Forged products range
- bars from Ømin 160 to Ømax1500 and
lengths of max 13000 mm.
- shafts for energetics , mining ,
shipbuilding industries , up to 60 ton weight.
- milling rolls with weight of max 47 tons and diameters of max.1600 mm .
- rings with diameters of max 5000 mm and max 1000 mm width ;
- bushings with max diameters of 2250 mm and max 8000 mm length ;
- collars with max diameters of 2100 mm and max 3000 mm length .
Representative steel grades for forgings
-carbon steels as per DIN 17100-SEW 550 ( St52.3; St50.2; CK22; CK45; CK60 ), SR EN 10250-2 ( S355J2G3; 20Mn5; 28Mn6 );
-quenching and tempering steels as per DIN 17200(SR EN 10250-3) ( 34CrNiMo6; 34CrMo4; 42CrMo4; 30CrNiMo8 )
-steels for milling rolls as per Internal Norms ( 65Mn Cr15; 65VMoCr15; 75MoCr11 )
-steel for tools as per DIN 17350 ( 55NiCrMoV6; X210Cr12 )
International authorizations for forgings with weight up to 60 tons as per LRS and GL.